Depew Middle School's 7th Grade Poetry Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2006


3rd Period Poets

Janelle Ganje
My Heart


The beat of my heart goes boom
boom boom.
But sometimes it goes zoom
zoom zoom.
When I run fast it beats harder
bumpbum bumpbum bumpbum.
When I see you I get all jiggle
jelloly inside.
My heart just jumps for joy
bounce bounce bounce.
When I die my heart doesn’t go;
boom boom
zoom zoom
bumpbum bumpbum
bounce bounce
But I still feel jiggly
jelloly inside.


Chelsea Beszczynski
I Am Me

I am a butterfly, fluttering in the wind.
I am a flower, beautiful and growing.
I am a leaf, blowing in the wind.
I am a lion, roaring loud.
I am a book, full of knowledge.
I am the sun, very bright.
I am a star, shining deeply at night.
I am a heart beat, beating fast.
Really I am me.

You can't change me
You can't explain me
I am different
Yet the same
All I will say is
I am me.

Ashley Spring
Sudden Storm

Dreary, cloudy, dark
Threatening
The sky

Crackle, burst explode
In the air
Thunder

Zip, Zap
Flickering, glittering, sparkling
In the air
Lightning

Thrashing, hammering, bucketing
Falling water from the sky
Pouring rain

Swoosh, swish, whoosh
Drenched
Caught in the storm.

Shannon Bartz
My Horse

Thundering proudly with a click-clack
Galloping without a care.
Here I sit on my rocking chair,
Squick-squack, Squick squack.

Pounding through water and mud,
Splish-splash, Splish-splash.
With every step he races faster and
faster, stomping louder and louder,
Stimp-stopm, Stimp-stomp.

Never have I seen his tail so vulgar,
Swish-swash, Swish-swash.
Wait a minute he's coming this way!
Whoa boy! Slow down!
BAM!!...Before you knock me into
2.

Mitchell Judd

The sun starts to rise
The flowers begin to bloom
I love the spring.