Depew Middle School's 7th Grade Poetry Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2006


5th Period Poets

Christian Mutton
The Clock

When I woke up, I heard a crash
I got up and zipped downstairs as fast as a race car
I kept looking around
and then I heard

The clock say tick tock
the chimes said ding dong
I heard it make a pop
I knew something was wrong

I ran to the clock
it laid there like a rock
I couldn’t believe
it could make such a thud

The clock was such a mess
when it made a boom like a car crash
everyone woke up
I ate cereal which made a
sound like snap, crackle, and pop like
rice crispies do

John Kling
Water

Splishing splashing
and sputtering the
water goes whoosh
out of the hose
the splishing is
like a child
in a tub then
the water splishes
and the cycle
starts over again

Jacob Berst
The Delight Song of Jake Berst

I am the sun in the sky
I am not the brightest star in the sky
I am the trees in the wind
I am the sand that sits on the beach
I am the ocean that glimmers in the night
I am the moon that brings in the tide
I am the clouds that blow in the blue
I am the bear running in the meadow
I am as cool as a summer breeze
I am as creative as a box of crayons
I am as lazy as a sloth

I am free I am free.

Lindsey Jakubczak
Basketball

When I get on the court
All you hear is swoosh. No
Matter what the team I
Always give them a push.

All you’re going to hear is a
Squeak when I make a
Move on my feet. And
All you’re going to hear is
The crowd going owe and
You’re in the back court tripping
Over your feet.

It wouldn’t matter how fast you
Are if you go vrm vrm because
I’d be going beep beep while
I’m going past you in this room.

Kayla Angelli
Butterflies

flutter flutter in
the wind
ding landing on
the windowsill

flutter flutter
in the wind
pitter patter
pitter patter
butterflies landing
in trees

flap flap
flying to their
home.
Whoosh
pushing
against the wind

Austin Gilbert
The Delight Song of Austin Gilbert

I am the puck sliding across
the ice
I am the air horn signaling the end of the
period
I am the crowd cheering the team on to
victory
I am the cold radiating off the ice
I am the swishing noise when the
puck hits the back
of the net
I am the sound of a player stopping
on the ice
I am the sound of a player hitting
the boards
I am the sound of the crowd
stomping their
feet on the bleachers

Who am I, I am a hockey player
and that’s who I always
will be

Michael Bravo

The moon shines brightly
The moon shines in the water
and it’s beauty


Ryan Deck

Hockey is Poetry

I love hockey. I love to slap the puck. I like
to slam kids in the boards and crush the other team.
I like to yell when we win and stomp when
we lose. I hate it when the crowd boos
but love it when they cheer. Glass gets hit
when the puck goes wide. I like watching the
goalie snatch the puck out of the air.
The ice thumps
when it’s fallen on
but watch when
the zoom puck zips
past you.

Jordan Behringer

My Brother’s Rash

Tick-tock there goes the clock
Drip-drop there goes the mop
All of a sudden I hear a big crash
My brother’s going crazy because he has an itchy rash
Zip there goes my mom’s coat
Out the door she goes
Vroom went her car to the store
What should I do?
He keeps going boom!
Ding-dong there’s the door
There’s a guy to heal my brother’s rash

Gina Lewandowski
About Me

I am a sweet cupcake
I am a cute puppy
I am creative crayons
I am the building blocks of life
I am a peppy cheerleader
I am a nice daycare worker
I am a kind flower
I am a hard worker
I am a boat in the sea of love
I am a car on the busy streets
I am an angel in the sky
I am a sour candy

So now you see
about me
I’m your friend
until the end

Emily Henrich
Blossoming Flowers

Flowers are blooming
They blossom in the meadows
Why not keep them there?

Jessica Bardol
The Delight Song of Jess Bardol

I am the wave of imagination
I am the wind of writing
I am a puppy jumping on Christmas
I am loud with thunder with my
friends
I am in love with the Lord of the Rings
with a mother and her new child
I am adventures with a ball hitting the
ground loudly
I am a dream with a never ending
story
I am smart with the sun

You can see, you can see, I am
imaginative
I love animals
I love to write
You can see, you can see, I am
imaginative

Kyle Barten

I like to skateboard
Skateboarding is difficult
Skateboarding is fun

Lucas Clotfelter

Spring Haiku

Spring is very cool
For a week we have no school
And snow starts to melt